Who Are We?
Saint Anne's is...
- Intergenerational. Adults and children and teenagers know each other and are involved together in worship, outreach, learning and fellowship.
- Progressive. We are not afraid to ask questions, or to think about different interpretations of scripture. We enjoy trying different expressions in prayer and music, and also embrace the traditions of the Episcopal Church.
- Inclusive. All people, without exception, are welcome and fully included in membership and leadership, according to their abilities and spiritual gifts.
- Joyful. We enjoy laughing, eating, celebrating, dancing, singing.
- Loving and Caring. Meals and prayers and rides and assistance of all kinds helps make the challenges and crises of life easier to manage.
- Hopeful. God is at work in our world, in us and through us, to bring peace and justice. We are the loving arms of Christ, to each other and to the world that God loves so much.
We are an inclusive and joyful Christian community that expresses our faith as part of the Episcopal Church. We trace our heritage to the Church of England, and follow a liturgical form of worship found in our Book of Common Prayer. If you are interested, please send us an email. Everyone is welcome to participate in our worship and activities without formal membership.
Saint Anne’s was formed in 1985 as a result of the merger of Good Shepherd Episcopal Church of Sunfish Lake and St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church of South St. Paul. The new church located itself at the site of Good Shepherd, but immediately built a new sanctuary. The old worship space became what is now the parish hall.
Read more Saint Anne's History in Christ's Loving Arms: Saint Anne's First 30 Years, which was published this year to commemorate the 30th Anniversary. Click for a PDF Version.